Saturday, May 9, 2009

20steps forward, 30back


We go 10 steps forward
Then 10 steps more.
We get each other,
We know one another.
We have a connection like no one else.
I fall headover heels,
But then I make a mistake.
We take 30 steps backwards,
To a place we have never been before.
We say nothing to each other,
Trying to avoid one another.
We are like strangers now.
You say you forgive,
But I dont think that's true.
You say you love me,
But i dont know if thats true.
I dont know where we are now,
But I know where we are not.
We are not like before.
Will we ever be as we were,
I wish so.
I miss those days,
So bright and wonderful.
I looked forward to the day when I awoke,
But only because I knew I'd get to talk to you.
See your face,
Your smile,
Hear your voice that was like music to my ears.
Now when I awake the day is full of gloom,
I don't get to talk to you,
I don't get to see your face,
No wonderful music for my ears.
Will we ever be the same,
Like we were before.
Please tell me we will.
I want to know we will.
All I can say for now is goodbye.
Goodbye bright day,
Goodbye music,
Goodbye to holding on,
On to wishing and hopeing and wanting.

No comments:

Post a Comment