Thursday, May 28, 2009

Lessons Learned In Pain

I’ve learned my lesson,
No more will I trust,
No more will I care.
I put a shield around my heart,
My soul.
You will not take it,
You will not steal it.
You’ve hurt me too many times,
I cannot let this happen again.
I’ve learned my lesson.
You’ve made me cold,
Dark,
Heartless.
Not wanting to have feelings,
Not wanting to get hurt again.
You have done this to me,
Turned me this way.
I use to be sweet,
I use to be kind,
I use to be loving,
But no more!
All it does is end up hurting me.
I cannot put up with your taunting me,
Your stringing me along,
The hurt,
The pain you cause is too great.
I feel like there are a thousand stabs in my heart,
Scars of healed wounds.
I am not me anymore,
I am not the person I once was.
I blame this on you.
I will be civil towards you,
But not like I once was.
I’ve learned my leasson,

I’ve learned it well.

No comments:

Post a Comment