Friday, May 15, 2009

The Break Up (for laura)


It breaks my heart to think you don't love me.
You don't love me the way I love you,
The way you said you loved me.
I hate you at the same time I love you.
You drive me crazy.
You denied what you were doing,
But I saw otherwise.
You explained what I found and I believed you.
You said you wanted to marry me,
Of course I wanted the same.
You were secretive,
I had a feeling,
I just couldn't confront these feelings.
I hate that I love you.
I found more proof that you were not just with me.
I just hate this,
I want to give up.
This time I will not let you fool me.
It hurts but I will not let myself hurt any longer.
I am so over this.
You called to wonder if we were over.
You did not try to exlain,
You did not apologize,
You didn't even try to convince me to not leave you.
You just wanted your shit.
I hate you!
You told me you would not lie,
You told me you loved me.
I want you to do what you said you would do.
Even now I still love you,
I am not sure exactly what to do,
But I will survive.
I will rise above all of this and leave you in the past.
You will not hurt me anymore,
I can not be hurt anymore.
I am becoming numb to this thing called love.
It's just a word,
It means nothing anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment