Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Broken Hearts and Lost Causes

You don’t listen to me,
You don’t care about me,
You have no interest in what I say.
You shrug me off like I’m nothing,
You say you love me but I don’t see this.
How can someone love me and treat me this way.
If you love me you would not do so.
If you love someone you don’t shrug them off,
If you love someone you care,
You listen,
You pay attention.

I cannot take this anymore,
The way you treat me isn’t love.
You hurt me and don’t care,
You make me feel like I’ve done wrong,
I haven’t.
You make me feel low,
Like I am nothing in your life,
As if I am the lowest priority.
This isn’t love.

You don’t know what you are going to lose,
You are losing me.
I do not think I can take it anymore,
So don’t be surprised if I leave.
I will not be treated this way,
Not even if I love you.
This is not the way to treat someone,
Not someone that you love.
I do not think you care that you are losing me,
If you did you would know what you are doing.
I do not think you could be as stupid as you seem,
Anyone could see what you are doing to me,
That I am ready to quit,
Ready to run,
Ready to give up.

I do not think I deserve this,
To be treated this way.
I deserve better,
To be treated better,
To be loved and wanted.
I have tried to make you happy,
You have not done the same.
You are selfish,
You don’t truly love me,
Or maybe you are just an ass.
Either way, I deserve better,
I will find better,
Better than you.

No comments:

Post a Comment